How Much To Build A Skyscraper?
- Joe Thomas
The Prices in Three Cities – This research reveals that it is far less expensive to construct in Shanghai and Chicago than in New York City. The average price per floor in Chicago is around $6.2 million, whereas in Shanghai it is approximately $3.7 million.
- For New York, on average, it costs roughly $15 million per floor.
- In other words, a 65-story skyscraper in New York costs an average of $20 million per floor, but a 120-story skyscraper may be constructed in Shanghai for the same price.
- In Chicago, you can purchase a 100-story building for that money.
Second, the minimum point need for each of these cities is unique. The lowest per floor prices in New York around 32 floors. For Chicago, the number is 55 floors. Based on the statistics, Shanghai does not appear to have a turning point, with all floor costs increasing.
How much would it cost to construct a skyscraper with 20 stories?
Therefore, the price ranges from $50 million to $150 million for about 350,000 gross square feet in a warm shell. Obviously, the cost of a 20-story building varies greatly depending on whether it has a 10,000-square-foot footprint or a 40,000-square-foot footprint.
What variables impact the cost of building a skyscraper?
The type of steel used in the building of a skyscraper can considerably affect the ultimate cost. Steel is one of the most important building elements, as it is employed in nearly every area of skyscraper construction. The price of steel can vary significantly based on its grade and thickness.
Abraj Al Bait Towers, Saudi Arabia – Cost to Construct: $15 Billion This skyscraper was constructed in 2012 in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, and comprises a clock tower and a hotel. Singapore’s Marina Bay Sand cost $5.7 billion to construct. This structure was finished in 2010 in Singapore and houses a magnificent hotel and retail empire.
The Wynn Resorts – Construction Cost: $4.1 Billion – United States This hotel and casino, finished in 2005 in Las Vegas, Nevada, is the most costly in the world. The Cosmopolitan – Cost to Construct: $3.9 Billion – United States This hotel was built in 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada, and includes two towers that are each 603 feet tall.5.
World Trade Center Construction Cost: $3.8 Billion – United States In New York City, the Freedom tower occupies the site of the former World Trade Hub and is the largest commercial real estate center in the United States. Cost to Construct The Venetian Hotel: $2.4 Billion – China 2005 saw the completion of a hotel and casino owned by the Las Vegas, which has a sibling property in Las Vegas.7.
- The Princess Tower, United Arab Emirates, Cost to Build: $2.17 Billion This Dubai residential skyscraper was finished in 2012 and is the twenty-fourth highest structure in the world.8.
- Palazzo Casino – Cost to Build: $2.05 Billion – USA This casino is the highest finished structure in Las Vegas, and its motif is the Italian Renaissance.
Cost to Construct Taipei 101: $1.8 Billion – Taiwan In 2004, a building in Taipei, Taiwan, formerly known as the Taipei World Financial Center, was finished. London Glass Shard – Cost to Construct: $1.5 Billion – U.K. A 95-story skyscraper constructed in 2012 in London, England.
The structure was once known as the London Bridge Tower.11. The Burj Khalifa, United Arab Emirates – Cost to Build: $1.5 Billion This edifice, which was finished in 2009 in Dubai, is the highest in the world. Germany In Frankfurt, Germany, where the ECB headquarters was finished in 2013, the central bank determines monetary policy for all members of the Eurozone monetary union.
Cost to construct The Kingdom Center: $1 billion – Saudi Arabia It was constructed in Riyadh in 2002 and is the highest structure in the kingdom. Four Seasons Hotel and residential flats are located within the Kingdom Center. India’s Antilia Skyscraper will cost $1 billion to construct.
This skyscraper’s construction was finished in 2006 in Mumbai, India. This private residence has 27 storeys and stands 568 feet tall. Malaysia’s Petronas Twin Towers cost $1 billion to construct. This building was constructed in 1999 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This structure was the tallest in the world from 1998 to 2004 and is the tallest pair of twin towers.16.
Cost to Build the Bank of China: $1 Billion – China A Chinese bank controlled by the government and one of the oldest in China. The building was built in 1990. Over the past two decades, the designs employed to develop gigantic skyscrapers have grown more significant than their height.
- Skyscraper architects have produced incredible pieces of art, causing expenses to rise.
- In fact, the cost of the most costly skyscraper, which was finished in 2012, was over three times that of the previous most expensive structure.
- Since the turn of the century, the cost of the most costly skyscraper has multiplied by 15, establishing a strong trajectory for future skyscraper expenses.
Sources: Published: July 27, 2017 The Most Expensive Skyscrapers in the World